Freestyle Fridays



At the end of the week, when things are winding down, we like to have Freestyle Fridays.  This is the day where I step back and let the kids take the reins!  I let them pick any art materials they want and let them do anything they want with them.  


They get such a thrill out of this...they love having complete control of their creative process without anyone telling them "how" to do it.


Today they selected paper, play-doh, markers, crayons, and sparkle letters.  An eclectic combination indeed!


Using both things together on one sheet and mixing the play-doh colors together...



Playing with textures, a bit of drawing and sculpture on one project...


It usually makes a huge mess, but I think it's good for them to have some unstructured art making...they had a blast!  I wonder what they'll pick next week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts! It is very much appreciated. I try to reply to comments as quickly as possible...please note that all comments posted on Sparkle and Splatter are moderated and any comments that are abusive or off topic will be removed.