Paper People Chains


I love making these! They make fun little coloring projects and are lovely decorations for parties.

All you need are paper and scissors. Here's how to make them...


Take a strip of paper (any size you like, just make sure it is long and narrow) and fold it into the shape of an accordion. The number of folds will be the number of people in your chain.

Draw a person on the top of your folded paper...here's the trick to make them stay connected...make the arms go off the edges of the paper, so when you open it up, they will be "holding hands"

Carefully cut out your person shape, again leaving the edge of the arm intact where they will connect (younger kids will need help with the cutting part)...



Now open up your people! Aren't they sweet? Experiment with different people shapes and different kinds of paper too for different effects.

You can leave your paper chain people plain, or decorate them like this one (so cute!)



Follow Sparkle & Splatter on Facebook to get all of the latest and greatest updates!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminding me of these, I loved making them as a kid :) I plan to make them with my girls this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun, we love to color ours too! Each one will usually have a different face. :)

      Delete
  2. So fun! I can't wait to try making some paper chains with my preschool kids. Thanks for sharing at Mom's Library!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts! It is very much appreciated. I try to reply to comments as quickly as possible...please note that all comments posted on Sparkle and Splatter are moderated and any comments that are abusive or off topic will be removed.